Rules and Regulations Jul 22, 2012 11:09:29 GMT -5
Post by Admin Maria on Jul 22, 2012 11:09:29 GMT -5
Aging and Meets
- Keep cursing to a minimum in posts and out of the chat box completely
- Respect. Give it to get it.
- One account per person.
- Do not spam the chatbox/threads
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated
- Images may not be wider than 550px
- Use free linearts found on Deviantart only.
- You must credit the lineart's owner on the image.
- Upload images to tinypic or photobucket
- Breaking a rule will result in you being given a warning. Three warnings will result in you being banned
- You must join at least one human character to begin
- When you join, you are given 4 creation credits and $10 000
- Your first four horses are exempt from registration/consultation fees
- Once you've joined, you'll need a thread in the Bank board and a thread in the Barns board
- You must join your humans in the Mingle board.
- Use the application form and fill it out in a new thread
- The thread name should be your character's name
- Jobs around the stable are Owner, Trainer, Stablehand, Stablehand/Exercise Rider, and Jockey
- Other jobs include Vet, Farrier, Vet or Farrier Assistant, Journalist, or even Waiter/Waitress at the cafe
- Characters may have more than one job; their application will be filed by the first job listed
- You need to wait for your character to be accepted before you begin roleplay (you can make horses/enter races if your humans aren't accepted)
- Creation Credits are used to make your starter horses
- Horses are created in your stable thread
- After two weeks of being active(entering races, participating in cbox chatter, RPing, ect) you'll be given 2 more Creation Credits.
- Horses created with Creation Credits after those first four can be any age
- Your four beginning horses are two year olds
- Created horses may be either bay, brown,black, chestnut, strawberry roan, red roan, blue roan, or purple roan
- Created horse lineage will be Unknown x Unknown.
- If you are unsure about genetics either use Color Calculator or PM a staff member.
- Horse names need to be registered in the Name Registration thread
- Your horse's name can only be 18 characters long including spaces.
- Inappropriate names are not allowed
- Registration numbers are given when horse names are registered
- A Horse Registration Form needs to be posted for each horse
- Your horse needs to be registered and have a registration number before they can legally run in races
- Every stable needs to have a bank thread
- Bank threads are used to entry fees, race earnings, auction sales/buys and stud fee deductions/earnings
- Registration, consultation and vet fees are paid through the shop
- Players earn twenty dollars per post
- You can view your money beside your posts, in your profile, or through the Bank link in the Navigation Bar
- Approved sales of multiple horses can be counted as deductions in the buyer's account and additions in the seller's. Sales of single horses are done via the Transfer thread
- To transfer funds you must reply with the pinned forum to the transfer thread.
- Money from your bank will be added to theirs. Ex. Player A buys a horse from player B for 3000. A moderator would take 3k from player A and add to player B's total.
- Transfers are usually used for private sales
- Occasionally mixed stock auctions will occur
- Anyone can consign horses to site-wide auctions
- Individual stables can hold closed auctions (auctions that only they can consign to)
- By notifying an admin of an upcoming auction, sales can be counted in bank threads
- Money transfered from sales from auctions an admin has not been notified of need to be done through the Transfer thread
Aging and Meets
- One game year is made up of eight meets (two per season)
- Horses age on the first day of each new year
- Meets last one real life week
- Breeding and birthing happen in the first three meets.
- Horses may begin racing at 2 years
- Horses retire from racing at 8 years or younger (geldings may race until 11)
- Studs and broodmares retire from breeding at 15 years or younger
- A horse must be at least 2 years old to race
- Horses will only run two races per meet, except for distance horses running in the Treble
- Maiden is any horse with no wins
- Grade III is any horse 2 years + with 1-9 wins
- Grade II is any horse 3 years + with 10-25 wins
- Grade I is any horse 3 years+ with 25-35 wins
- Open races are any horses 2 years + with 1-40 wins
- Juveniles and Juvenile Features are 2 year old only races, and require no previous wins to enter
- Features count towards award nominations and are very competitive races
- Horses retire from racing once they have 40 wins or are 8 years old
- Geldings may run until the age of 11
- Entry fees a listed in each race thread and must be recorded in your bank thread
- Race results are determined by scores based on horse's stats
- See the post Race Scores for more
- Injuries can occur at any time, especially when horses run on the incorrect surface/at the wrong distance
- Injury checks cost $500; for this, the vet will tell you what sort of injury your horse has and how long they should rest for
- Running an injured horse will result in the injury worsening
- Horses should be vet checked whenever they run on an incorrect surface/distance
- Gelding is offered by the vet, for any colt or stallion.
- Gelding is recommended for colts with low stats
- Gelding costs $500
- When gelded, a horse's stats improve, making them better racers
- Geldings may run until they are 11 years old
- Breeding occurs in Meet 2 and 3
- Horses retire from breeding when they turn 16
- Mares can breed at four years old, and can only breed if retired from racing.
- Mares may only be bred once a year, unless their owner buys a twin item from the store
- Stallions can be bred at three years old, if retired from racing. This is not suggested for foundation stallions.
- Stallions can have up to fifteen foals a sim year.
- While linebreeding is allowed, inbreeding is not.
- Foals are born in Meet 1
- All foals are created by admins and moderators
- Foals can either be retired to breeding when they come of age to breed or be racers until their owner decides to retire them.